Undergraduate Supervisor Information
It is also recommended that all supervisors keep a copy of the Student Supervisor Manual which will help you navigate the Providence College Career Site or click on Career Site Instructions in the left hand navigation for the most commonly used set of instructions.
- When you decide to hire a student, switch their student employment status to "Offer Made" or "Recommend for Hire". If you choose not to hire a student, switch student status to "Not Hired"
- The students who are not being hired must be contacted either by phone or email to inform them of your decision. Students need to be aware of their employment status within a reasonable time frame (no longer than 3 weeks). The students need to know if they need to continue looking for employment elsewhere.
- It is the supervisor's responsibility to notify the Office of Financial Aid when a position should be taken down from the website and when it has been filled
- For the student(s) that are hired, instruct them to print off all required paperwork and bring the completed forms to the Office of Financial Aid, Harkins Room 403
- Determine work schedules according to institutional policies regarding maximum hours worked (20 hours per week max when classes are in session, 35 hours max during breaks)
- Instruct your student employees to log their hours of work by using the CyberFriar Webtime Entry. The student employees need to log in and out the same day as worked. For questions regarding this process, contact the Payroll Office 411 Harkins Hall
- Supervisors must verify student employee hours worked by CyberFriar Webtime Entry according to Pay Periods schedule. For questions regarding verifying student employee hours worked, contact the Payroll Office
How do I do that?
Click HERE for the most asked about items supervisors need to do in the Career Website when hiring student workers!!!