Mission & Vision
The mission of the Providence College School of Business is to provide a values-based, business education that enables students to excel in their chosen field, and prepares them for meaningful work and life in a dynamic world.
- The transformative power of business. We believe in the transformative power of business for all people, as a foundational driver of both economic development and societal progress.
- Academic excellence and achievement. Excellence in teaching, learning, research, and service is essential to the School of Business. Such achievement can be seen in engaged and accomplished students, and faculty who balance innovative teaching with widely recognized and impactful research.
- The Catholic, Dominican tradition. Our perspective is enhanced by the Catholic foundation of the college, where notions of service, ethical responsibility, and respect for the dignity of all people are fundamental.
- A holistic approach to leadership, informed by the liberal arts. Our graduates will be both functional experts and ethical decision-makers, leaders with the knowledge to make sound decisions and the integrity to make responsible ones.
- Integration and collaboration. We believe in an integrated learning model, where faculty, students, alumni, and practitioners can mutually benefit from collaboration inside and outside of the classroom.
Please click here to review a summary of the PCSB's 2013-2017 Strategic Plan.
About AACSB Accreditation
In July 2012, Providence College's School of Business joined the elite rank of business schools in the nation with its accreditation by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The School of Business was created in 2007 to meet the requirements of AACSB and its accreditation standards.
For more information on AACSB and the accreditation process please visit their website at AACSB.