Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
​​​​​​Contact Us​

For situations requiring an immediate response or involving a student in extreme distress, ​​call Public Safety​ at 401.865.2222 or ​911 (9-911 from a campus phone).​

The Office of the Dean of Students​
Slavin Center 104
Phone: 401.865.17​​​82
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4:30pm

The Personal Counseling Center
Lower Bedford Hall​
Phone: 401.865.2343​
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4:30pm​; Tuesday evenings by appointment only

The Office of the Chaplain
St. Dominic Chapel​
Phone: 401.865.2216
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4:30pm

The Student Health ​​​Center
Lower Bedford Hall​
Phone: 401.865.2422​
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4:30pm​​​

The Office of Residence Life​
Slavin Center 105
Phone: 401.865.2392
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4:30pm​​​
Hall Director On-Call: 401.639.9110 (24/7) 

Confidential Resources Answering Service
To access confidential resources ​fr​om the Personal 
Counseling Center and Campus Ministry.
Available 24/7: 401.865.1333​​​​​​​

Submitting a report to the CARE Team

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​In Extreme/Emergency Cases

In instances of extreme student distress, simply offering a referral/submitting a report is not sufficient.  In these instances, it is imperative to ensure that a connection with an appropriate resource (public safety, personal counseling center, dean's office, etc.) is accomplished.  If the distressed student is unwilling to permit this, faculty/staff/students should still contact a College official (public safety, dean) for assistance. 

Submit a Report

Any person may submit a report to the CARE Team to share concerns about a particular student.

To submit a report, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 401.865.1782, or email the Dean of Students, Dr. Steven Sears, at, or the Assistant Dean of Students, Tiffany Gaffney, at  In order to best allow the Office of the Dean Students to provide appropriate services to the student of concern, please be prepared to provide as much of the following information as you can when making a report:

  • Name of the Student of Concern
  • Type of Concern 
    • Academic (Disruptive Behavior, Poor/Change in Behavior, Class Attendance, etc)
    • Adjustment/Social Concerns
    • Alcohol and/or Drug Use
    • Family Concerns
    • Financial Difficulties
    • Harassment/Intimidation
    • Medical (Illness, Injury, etc)
    • Mental Health (Anxiety, Depression, Eating Concerns, Odd Behavior/Acting Out, Potential Harm to Others, Self-Injury, Suicidal Ideation/Behavior, etc).  
      • ​In a situation of a health/safety emergency, contact Public Safety at 401.865.2222 for immediate assistance.
    • Missing Student
    • Physical Violence
    • Relationship Concerns
    • Roommate Concerns
  • If the the concern relates to a specific incident, please share details and the date/time of the incident.  ​

​What Happens Once I Make a Report?​​

Once you make a report, The Dean of Students Office will reach out to the student to offer support and connect him or her with appropriate resources on campus or in the community.  Using an interdisciplinary case management approach, the CARE Team develops intervention plans for students and monitors their status.

The Office of the Dean of Students will acknowledge receipt of all reports and may contact you to obtain additional information.  You may contact the Dean of Students office at any time if you have questions about how the report is being handled.