Teacher Certification Program
If you’ve dreamed about becoming a high school teacher, it’s not too late. Whether you’re looking to change careers or begin a career in teaching, Providence College’s School of Continuing Education (SCE) can help make your dream a reality. Unlike other programs, the TCP allows working professionals to pursue their goal of becoming a high school teacher on a part-time basis – with courses taken in the evening or partly online.
We provide an accelerated and convenient way to earn your secondary school certification in Biology, Chemistry, English, French, Italian, Mathematics, Physics, History/Social Studies and Spanish. Those with a bachelor’s degree can earn certification by completing as few as six courses and student teaching.
If you don't already have your bachelor's degree, you can earn your teaching certification at the same time you are completing the Bachelor of Liberal Studies program – the fastest way to complete your degree.
• Secondary school certification with as few as six courses plus student teaching
• Expert faculty with extensive classroom and administrative experience
• Preparation for teaching in 46 states
• Part-time, evening and online courses
• $963, per course, with scholarships and financial aid available
NEW! Teacher Certification/Master of Education in Urban Teaching Program