2013 Thanksgiving Break
Thanksgiving Break Housing Information
OFFICIAL NOTICE from the Office of Residence Life
During the Thanksgiving Break all traditional residence halls and Suites will be closed and locked on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. All residents must be out of the residence halls, Suites, and apartments by 7:00 p.m. on November 26, 2013 and are not permitted to re-enter until 12:00pm (noon)on Sunday, December 1, 2013. It is the responsibility of each resident to plan his or her own travel accordingly to comply with this policy.
The residence halls and apartments that will be available for pre-approved residents are Fennell, Guzman, McVinney, St. Joseph, and the apartments (DiTraglia, Cunningham, Mal Brown, Davis, and Bedford).
You may be eligible to stay for Thanksgiving Break if you are…
• An athlete on an athletic team in season.
• Student Teacher
• International Student
• Student whose home state is an extreme distance
• Employed on campus (supervisor and department must be included on request)
• Academic-based internship for credit (internship site and hours must be included on request)
How can I request Thanksgiving Break housing?
All requests must be submitted by logging into Residence and submitting the Break Housing Application:
• Forgot your password? Click the “forgot password link” and clear your web browser’s cache.
• Click on the Break Housing Application, complete the information, and submit the form.
• All requests must be received by Friday, November 15th, 2013. After November 15th, 2013, the request form will no longer be available. Any request submitted after November 15th, 2013 will not be eligible for consideration.
What if I live in a residence hall not open over break?
• If you live in Suites, Aquinas, McDermott, Meagher, or Raymond, you will need to find housing in an alternate location. Halls that will remain open include Fennell, Guzman, McVinney, St. Joseph, and the apartments (DiTraglia, Cunningham, Mal Brown, Davis, and Bedford).
• Identify a room located in an open hall.
• Provide all the passcodes for the residents of that temporary location on the Break Housing Request Form.
•Please remember that it is your responsibility to receive the combo (or door lock card access from Residence Life) to the room in which you will be temporarily housed.
• Additionally, in submitting the form, you are accepting responsibility to leave the room as in the same condition as you found it. Any damages incurred will be your responsibility.
Submitting a request DOES NOT guarantee that your request has been approved.
The Office of Residence Life will review requests beginning on November 18th, 2013. You will receive an email via your PC email account advising you of the status of your request.
You are reminded…
Any student found to be occupying campus housing without authorization during any part of the Thanksgiving break will be assessed a $200.00 per day penalty in addition to possible judicial sanctions.
Residents who are approved for break housing are reminded that visitation ends at midnight every night of the break, no overnight visitors are allowed -- regardless of whether or not they are enrolled at Providence College. Residents are reminded that if they do not follow established procedures for this period, they could be removed from campus for the remainder of the break period. The Providence College Student Handbook applies during break/vacation housing.
Additional important items to be aware of during the Thanksgiving Break…
DINING FACILITIES: The dining facilities will be discontinued after dinner Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. until dinner on Sunday, December 1, 2013.
SECURITY AND INSPECTION: During all breaks/vacations, the Office of Residence Life and the Physical Plant reserve the right to enter any student room/apartment for safety and maintenance reasons. Students are reminded that Providence College does not assume liability for loss or damage to the personal property of a student whether the College is in session or on holiday. If a resident is approved to reside in a location that is not their regularly assigned housing, they accept full responsibility to maintain and leave that location in a safe and responsible condition. Permission must be granted by all the roommates of the temporary location.
STUDENT HEALTH: The Student Health Center will close at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, December 2nd, 2013. The EMTs will be available until 8:30am on Wednesday, November 27th, 2013 and will return on Sunday, December 1st, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
EMERGENCIES: The Office of Safety and Security can be reached at x2391 (non-emergency) and x2222 (emergency).
What if I have questions?
All residents are urged to contact their Resident Assistant, Hall Director, or Complex Director with any questions.
We wish all members of the PC community a wonderful Thanksgiving Break!!!
The Office of Residence Life