Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Off-Campus Life

Off-Campus houses

​Off-Campus Life

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​The Office of Off-Campus Life advises and supports students living, or interested in living, off-campus.  We educate students about leases, utilities, minimum housing codes, zoning ordinances, landlord tenant-relationships, and safety and security.  The office conducts orientation and continuous education about the rights and responsibilities associated with living off-campus, advises the Off-Campus Student Association, and serves as a liaison to neighbors and community leaders. 

Who Can Live Off-Campus?

Providence College freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are required to reside on-campus.  It is college policy that any student wishing to live off-campus ​must have permission from the Office of Residence Life.  Students may obtain permission if they will be in their senior year.  Gra​duate studen​​ts, married students, and local students living with their parents (commuters) are exempted from the permission requirement​.

Any undergraduate student not residing on-campus is required to fill out a permission form and information card with the Office of Off-Campus Life each academic year.

Students should not sign any leases until they have obtained permission to move off-campus from the Office of Residence Life.  Requests to live off-campus will be approved after the on-campus apartment​ and suite selection process has been completed.  The College reserves the right to oblige students to live on-campus, even those who have signed a lease, b​ut without first receiving the College's permission.  ​​

Expectations of Students Living Off-Campus

Students living off-campus are expected to take responsibility for upholding the dignity and character expectations of Providence College students, as outlined in the Student Handbook​, as well for obeying all local and state ordinances and laws.  Key ordinances and state laws include the Providence Public Nuisance City Ordinance​​ and the State of RI Social ​H​​ost Laws​​.

Off-Campus Hotline
Phone: 401.865.2420
In an emergency, call Public Safety at 401.865.2222 or the Providence Police (911).​​

link to find an apartment