Senior/Commencement Week Housing 2014
- May 12th – 19th, 2014
- All students who are granted housing for Senior/Commencement Week must be completely moved out of campus housing by 12 noon on May 19th.
Graduating Seniors DO NOT need to submit a request to remain on campus during Commencement Week.
Commencement Week Housing Eligibility
For resident students who are members of the organizations list below:
- Friars Club
- Liturgical Choir
- ROTC Honor Guard
- Student Congress Executive Board
- Commencement Assistant Volunteer
Please complete the Office of College Events Commencement Week Housing Request form by visiting the Office of Institutional Advancement (Harkins 412).
For all other residents requesting permission to stay on campus, please follow the instructions listed below:
All requests must be submitted by logging into Residence and submitting the Commencement Housing Application:
• Forgot your password? Click the “forgot password link” and clear your web browser’s cache.
• Click on the Commencement Housing Application, complete the information, and submit the form.
• All requests must be received by Friday, May 2, 2014. After May 2nd, the request form will no longer be available. Any request submitted after May 2nd will not be eligible for consideration.
- Housing is NOT available for students wishing to attend the Commencement ceremony.
- Unauthorized occupancy of campus housing can result in a $200.00 fine per day in addition to possible disciplinary action.
- Students who submit their request after the May 2nd, 2014 deadline are subject to a $25.00 late fee and may not be considered for Commencement Week housing.
- Resident students not requesting to permission to remain on campus during Senior/Commencement Week are reminded that they must vacate the residence halls, apartments, and suites 24 hours after their last exam. All residents must vacate by 7:00pm on May 12th 2014. It is the responsibility of each resident to plan his or her own travel accordingly to comply with this policy.
DINING FACILITIES: The dining facilities in Raymond Hall will be discontinued after dinner on Monday, May 12th.
SECURITY AND INSPECTION: The Office of Residence Life and Physical Plant reserve the right to enter any student room/apartment for safety and maintenance reasons. Students are reminded that Providence College does not assume liability for loss or damage to the personal property of a student whether the College is in session or on holiday.
STUDENT HEALTH: The Student Health Center will close for the semester at 4:30pm on Monday, May 12th. EMT’s will remain on duty until Commencement morning, Sunday, May 18th.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life at (401)865-2392.
CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATES OF THE CLASS OF 2014!!!
Wishing all of you a safe and happy summer!!!
The Office of Residence Life