Energy and water conservation are extremely important, not only at home, but also here on campus. As faculty and staff members of Providence College, we must all work together as a community to make the effort to conserve electricity, heat, and water whenever possible.
Conserving energy and water is very easy to do. All it takes are a few small, simple changes to habits or daily routines. So before leaving your office for an extended period of time, please consider doing the following:
- Turn off your computer when out of the office- or at least program a sleep mode for during the day when not in use.
- Turn off lights in your office when not in use.
- Close all windows, shades, and blinds.
- Turn the thermostat down, if possible, when leaving your office.
- Turn down refrigerators to lowest possible setting.
- Turn off power strips.
- Turn off scanners, fax machines, printers, and copiers.
- Unplug phone chargers, coffee pots, radios, and other appliances- they consume energy simply by being plugged into an outlet, even when they are not in use.