Navigate Up
Sign In

Getting Started

Providence College freshmen and sophomores are required to reside on campus. It is college policy that any student wishing to live off campus must have permission from the Office of Residence Life. Students may obtain permission if they will be in their junior or senior year.  Graduate students, married students, and local students living with their parents (commuters) are exempted from the permission requirement.

  • Any undergraduate student not residing on campus is required to fill out a permission form and information card with the Office of Off-Campus Living each academic year.
  • Students should not sign any leases until they have obtained permission to move off campus from the Office of Residence Life. Requests to live off campus will be approved after the on-campus apartment and suite selection process has been completed. The College reserves the right to oblige students to live on campus, even those who have signed a lease, but without first receiving the College's permission.  

Helpful Documents​

 Contact Us
The Office of Citizenship and Off-Campus Life
Phone: 401-865-2392
Office: Slavin Center 105

Catholic and Dominican

What does it mean to be a Catholic and Dominican college? We invite you to explore this question and the distinctive mission of Providence College.
About Providence College's Catholic and Dominican Identity