Seven Staff Members Praised for ‘Impactful’ Years of Service
Providence, R.I. — Seven staff members with a combined 210 years of service to Providence College were honored at a Service Recognition Program (SRP) Award Luncheon.
College President Rev. Brian J. Shanley, O.P. ’80 thanked the honorees on behalf of the Dominican Community for their continuing dedication to PC.
“Your enduring commitment to PC enhances the student life and experience here at the College. For that commitment and the impactful services you provide, we are very grateful,” he said.
Sponsored by the Department of Human Resources, the luncheon was hosted by Father Shanley in the President’s Dining Hall in Alumni Hall.
The SRP was introduced at the College in 2003. The award luncheons honor staff members with 25 or more years of service.
In addition to the luncheon, the program recognizes staff members who celebrate 20- and 10-year service anniversaries. These individuals are honored with certificates in private office ceremonies. More than 200 staff members have been recognized since the program began.
The most recent honorees with 25 or more years of service are:
• Joseph Del Bonis, carpenter in the Physical Plant, 35 years;
• Cheryl Rosa, copy machine operator in the Copy Center, 35 years;
• Diane Childs-Comerford, portfolio coordinator in the Department of Elementary/Special Education, 30 years;
• Peter Stacilauskas, stationary engineer in the Power Plant, 30 years;
• Daniel Byron, desktop support specialist in the Office of Information Technology, 30 years;
• David Mooney, director of network services in information technology, 25 years; and
• Delores Maiorano, administrative assistant in the Priory of St. Thomas Aquinas, 25 years.
The luncheon program, which was attended by the honorees’ divisional vice president and supervisor, opened with a blessing. Following lunch, Father Shanley addressed the gathering and then presented award certificates. Honorees also received gift certificates.
— Robbie Smith-MacDonald ’12