Department Chairperson, History
Ruane Center for the Humanities 131
Ph.D. - Clark University
Area(s) of Expertise:
Awards and Honors:
J. William Fulbright Scholar Award
- US State Department, Council for International Exchange of ScholarsJoseph R. Accinno Excellence in Teaching Award
- Providence CollegeProvidence College Committee on Aid to Faculty Research (CAFR) Grant for project entitled, “The Verin Case: Marriage, Religion and Liberty of Conscience in 17th Century Rhode Island”
- Providence CollegeDavis Grant
- Providence College Committee for the Enhancement of LearningWalter Craddock European/Asian/Middle Eastern Paper Prize
- Southwest Historical Association
Manchester, Margaret., British Association for American Studies, Birmingham, UK, "Paper: Wielding a 'Golden Scepter of Grace' and the 'Rod of Iron': The Paradox of 17th Century Puritan Marriage in New England". April, 2014.
Manchester, Margaret., Midwest Conference on British Studies, Toronto, Canada, "The Verins: Religion, Marriage, and Liberty of Conscience in 17th Century New England". October, 2012.
Manchester, Margaret., Midwestern Conference on British Studies, Toronto, Canada, "Paper: Marriage, Liberty of Conscience, and the Puritan Patriarchy". October, 2012.
Manchester, Margaret., American Studies Association, Philadelphia, PA, "Panel: American Studies Programs at Liberal Arts Colleges". October, 2007.