Academic Awards Ceremony
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Peterson Recreation Center
- All are invited to attend.
- Graduates receiving honors or awards are expected to attend.
- Please plan to be in your seat by 10:45 a.m.
- Procession begins promptly at 10:50 a.m.
- The ceremony is approximately 90 minutes in length.
- Providence College Security will direct you to parking for all on-campus events.
Students receiving academic honors will receive an honors cord with their cap and gown. This cord should be worn throughout the weekend whenever academic attire is required.
Summa Cum Laude: Gold Cord
Magna Cum Laude: Silver Cord
Cum Laude: White Cord
Students are recognized for graduation honors based on their cumulative GPA at the conclusion of the fall semester of the senior year. For complete information on graduation honors and for honors adjustment, please follow this link to the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies. If your graduating student is granted an honors adjustment at the completion of the spring semester, he/she must provide an honors designation letter from the dean's office to Tina Atkinson in College Events to obtain an honors cord and to secure a place in the Academic Awards Ceremony.
All questions regarding academic requirements should be directed to the dean's office, (401) 865-2495.