Navigate Up
Sign In
Contact Us

Office of Academic Services

2nd level of the Phillips Memorial Library
Phone: 401-865-2494

For additional information:
Jennifer Rivera
Assistant Director for Disability Support Services
Phillips Memorial Library, Room 227
Phone: 401-865-1121

Nicole Rozzero
Graduate Assistant
Phillips Memorial Library, Room 228
Phone: 401-865-1215


How will I be notified that a student in my class has a disability? 

The Assistant Director for Disability Support Services will send an Accommodation Request Form to you after confirming that a student has a documented disability and is eligible to receive academic accommodations.  Students with disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations under 504/ADA (see “Laws Relating to Postsecondary Education,”).  A student wishing any accommodation or modification must first meet with a staff member from the Office of Academic Services (OAS). The faculty, administration, and staff of Providence College are not mandated to provide any accommodation or modification until the OAS officially notifies them.  In addition, accommodations that fundamentally alter the nature of the educational program will not be approved.

Whom should I contact if I have questions?

If at any time you have questions regarding the accommodations listed on the request form please contact the Assistant Director for Disability Support Services at (401) 865-1121.   Please remember that any information sent to you regarding a student’s disability is confidential.  If you need to speak to a student regarding accommodations, please do so privately.

If a student in my class is taking an exam in OAS, what do I need to do?

You are asked to deliver your exam to OAS. It can be dropped off to Library 250, emailed to, or faxed to (401) 865-1219. If you choose to send the exam with the student the day of the exam, it must be placed in a signed/sealed envelope. Please inform the OAS as to where the exam should be returned. Exams can be scanned and emailed to you.

What is my role in providing accommodations to the student?

In most cases OAS provides accommodations. However, there may be occasions when faculty members will be called upon to provide accommodations directly. For example, the Assistant Director for Disability Support Services may seek faculty assistance in recruiting a student for note taking.

Members of the faculty always have the option to provide extended time accommodations.

Catholic and Dominican

What does it mean to be a Catholic and Dominican college? We invite you to explore this question and the distinctive mission of Providence College.
About Providence College's Catholic and Dominican Identity