Protégé Mentor Application
**We are no longer accepting applications for 2013. Please call 401-865-2679 for more information.**
- Full-time, matriculated student for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- In good disciplinary and academic standing.
- Knowledge of academic and personal resources available to students.
- Solid understanding of academic skills that make a successful college student (time management, note-taking, etc.).
- Mandatory attendance at training session - April 21st at 2pm
- Mandatory attendance at Protégé Kick-Off Event - September 2013
- Attendance at monthly mentor meeting with Protégé Coordinator and guest speakers.
- Communicate with mentee over the summer to establish a connection and answer questions.
- Schedule and meet weekly with mentee in common areas during the Fall 2013 semester.
- Communicate weekly with Coordinator via email and Sakai.
- Participate in Sakai group discussions.
- Make referrals to on-campus offices when necessary.
- Utilize understanding of academic skills to support mentee.
- Respect the confidential nature of the relationship.