Protégé Mentor Application
**Applications are due April 7th.**
- Full-time, matriculated student for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- In good disciplinary and academic standing.
- Knowledge of academic and personal resources available to students.
- Solid understanding of academic skills that make a successful college student (time management, note-taking, etc.).
- Mandatory attendance at training session - September 7th
- Mandatory attendance at Protégé Kick-Off Event - September 9th at 6pm
- Attendance at weekly mentor meeting with Protégé Coordinator and guest speakers - Tuesdays at 4pm
- Communicate with mentee over the summer to establish a connection and answer questions.
- Schedule and meet weekly with mentee in common areas during the Fall 2014 semester.
- Communicate with Coordinator via email and weekly Sakai reports due Fridays by 9am
- Participate in Sakai group discussions.
- Make referrals to on-campus offices when necessary.
- Utilize understanding of academic skills to support mentee.
- Respect the confidential nature of the relationship.