Project Spotlight: iPad/Apple TV Pilot Program
ITDP, in collaboration with Academic Media Services and Information Technology and under the guidance of the Instructional Technology Committee, is pleased to announce an iPad/Apple TV initiative for the spring 2013 semester. Faculty from across the College submitted brief applications for participation in the project. Fourteen faculty have been selected to pilot the use of iPads in the classroom, using an Apple TV to connect wirelessly to a classroom projector. This set-up allows faculty to move around, using the iPad as a writing slate, a way to project content-specific apps, and a web browser, changing the focus in the classroom from instructor to content.
Both faculty and students will provide valuable feedback as the College focuses on enhancing student engagement. Watch for presentations and brown bag sessions throughout the semester to learn how your colleagues are transforming their classroom teaching techniques.
Faculty participants include:
- Robert Barry, Fr. Thomas Petri - Theology
- Michael Grande, Carol Hartley, Michael Kraten, Judi Morse - Accountancy
- Eric Hartman - Global Studies
- Lynne Lawson - Engineering/Physics/Systems
- Joe Cammarano - Public and Community Service (DWC colloquium)
- Seann Mulcahy, Ken Overly, Jay Pike - Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Giacomo Striuli - Foreign Language Studies
- Adrian Weimer - History