The President’s Standing Committee on Service, informally known as the "Service Board," is responsible for collecting and coordinating information on community service and making recommendations to the President’s Senior Cabinet regarding off-campus community service initiatives.
The Board consists of representatives from Athletics, Alumni Relations, Campus Ministry, Career Services, College Relations and Planning, the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies office, the Feinstein Institute for Public Service, Office of Residence Life, the School of Professional Studies, SAIL (Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership), and Student Congress.
Culture of Service
The Service Board coordinates the gathering of information on student and faculty involvement in service. During the 2012-2013 academic year, Providence College students volunteered nearly 48,000 hours at more than 200 community agencies, schools, and other non-profit organizations.
Service Board Members
The Service Board is charged with collecting and coordinating information on community service opportunities and make recommendations to the President's Senior Cabinet regarding off-campus community service initiatives.
- Sarah Attwood, Chaplains Office
- Richard Battistoni, Political Science
- Christine Centazzo, Public & Community Affairs
- Tiffany Gaffney, Residence Life
- Emily Ghiorsie, Community Standards
- Meghan Griffiths, Feinstein Institute
- Sharon Hay, SAIL
- Jill LaPoint, Athletics
- Brian McCadden, School of Professional Studies/Secondary Education
- Jacqueline Nowel, Institutional Advancement
- Therese Reilly, Alumni Relations
- Alexander Acunzo, '15
- Gabriella Carbone, '13
- Lauren Kelly, '13
- Estaban Quijada, '13
- Katherine Zied, '15