Beyond the Classroom
Biology majors are encouraged to take their studies and research interests beyond the classroom by taking advantage of a wealth of engaged learning opportunities. These experiential options range from faculty-directed laboratory and field research to off-campus internships and research.
- Complete the field study requirement in Tropical Biology or Tropical Medicine at the Organization for Tropical Studies in Costa Rica or South Africa
- Participate in a Biomedicine program at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- Gain access to numerous domestic or international summer research programs in biomedical or organismal programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
- Benefit from the College’s membership in the Council on Undergraduate Research
- Present research with faculty members at national and international professional meetings
- Qualify for membership in prestigious honor societies, such as Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society) and Alpha Epsilon Delta (The National Health Pre-professional Society)